Dear HRPBC Members:
It is a honor to serve as your President for 2019/2020.
How did I get here? I originally wanted to work for the airlines and travel the world. I got a position with Continental Airlines in their Reservations Department, but I was not designed to sit in a cubicle and answer phone calls for 8 hours a day. I was fired after 6 months. My career in Personnel began as a receptionist at a bank and soon after I landed the position of HR Director in hotels. I have loved my journey ever since.
Back to my original question. How did I get here? I attended my first HRPBC meeting in 2008 and began volunteering in 2011 with Darron Davis on the workforce readiness committee. Marking a positive difference in someone’s life has been the most rewarding part about working as an HR Professional.
As a member of HRPBC you are given the opportunity to be surrounded by and learn from a talented and diverse group of HR Professionals within the community.
Here’s what to expect in the coming year:
● HRPBC is committed to providing monthly events that ignite your passion for HR, educate and provide SHRM and HRCI certifications.
● Membership dues are waived if you designate HRPBC as your primary chapter.
● We have secured a new location for our dinner meetings. Please join us at the Marriott West Palm Beach on Okeechobee Blvd.
● Our Annual HR conference will be held in June at the Hilton West Palm Beach Airport.
● We will continue to host four breakfast meetings with Lynn University.
● Our affiliation with Palm Beach State College will offer opportunities for our HR members to prepare for their SHRM-SCP, CP certification.
● Continue to raise money for the SHRM Foundation.
Thank you to our loyal sponsors, members and Leadership Team for your continued support.
Cheers and may the New Year bring many rewarding moments.
HRPBC President 2019-2020
2017-18 - John Haymore, MBA, PHR, SHRM-CP, LSSYB
1993 - Susan Napolitano, PHR